With all the new Safety at Work regulations and the recent insistance of insurance companies and standards authorities for PAT Testing procedures to be in place within companies, you have to ask: “Which PAT Tester is the right one?”
Unfortunately there is no definative answer to this question. Choosing the right PAT Tester depends on a range of factors. To make your life easier, we’ve outlined some of these below. Answer the next few questions to find out exactly what you’ll be using your PAT Tester for, which in turn will help you decide which PAT Tester to invest in.
- Are you starting a PAT Testing business or have you been given the task of testing in-house for your Company?
- How many appliances do you need to test
- Do you intend to record your records on paper or using an auto tester to upload/download data?
- Do you need to test 110V, 230V 400V ?
- Will you be testing in tough conditions in which a robust/rugged PAT Tester is required?
- Do you want a tester that can carry out dielectric strength tests (flash tests)?
- Do you prefer a battery operated or mains driven PAT Tester?
- Does the supplier offer a good support service?
These are just some of the questions you need consider when deciding on a PAT Tester. There are plenty of manufacturers who produce a range of different PAT Tester models, and these can also be purhased in kit format. These PAT Testing kits contain:
- PAT Tester
- Barcode printer
- Barcode scanner
Take your time to research all the manfacturers makes and models, before purchasing a PAT Tester. A good way to do this is to draw a detailed technical specifications comparison between all the leading PAT Testers on the market today.
This post was first published on www.pat-testers.ie.